All eConsults created by you, will be displayed under the "All Requests" section, under one of 5 sub-folders:
1) Needs Attention - Any eConsult that has been created by you, and has been updated by the receiving Specialist, and now needs your attention. This could include -
- "Requests for More Information" - Where the Specialist needs further information before answering the eConsult question;
- "Returned Consults" - Where the Specialist has declined to accept the eConsult;
- "Consult Provided" - Where the Specialist has provided a consult response
2) Waiting for Response - Includes all newly created, or updated Consults, that are waiting for a response form the Specialist.
3) Completed Consults - Are all Consults where the Specialist has provided a consult (these consults arrive in your Needs Attention folder first) and that you have acknowledged from your Needs Attention folder.
4) Cancelled - This folder contains all consults which you have cancelled. Only the requestor can cancel a consult. Specialists can decline to respond to a consult, but it remains in your "Needs Attention" folder until you either "Redirect" it to another Specialist, or "Cancel" it.
5) Drafts - Contains all eConsults still in a Draft state that have not yet been submitted.
Your eConsult module has two main viewing areas. An eConsult List view, which shows all eConsults in a specific folder, and a Detail View, which displays details about a given eConsult selected from the list view.
- eConsult List - The eConsult list contains basic demographic details about the patient being referred, and the status of the eConsult. A small icon, in the left hand side of this view, also lets you know if the patient has been matched to a patient in your Avaros EMR (i.e. is Associated), or not (i.e. is not associated).
- Not associated
- Detail View - Includes all correspondence relating to the eConsult, and information about it's current status. Available actions relating to the eConsult are displayed at the bottom.
Updating an eConsult
eConsults that have not yet been completed can be updated. Allowed update actions depend on which state the eConsult is in (i.e. awaiting response, a response received, returned eConsults, etc).
- Add Note - Only possible if the consult is "Awaiting Response" form a specialist. Adding a note allows you to add additional information in addition to the information provided in the initial eConsult.
- Cancel Consult - Only possible if the consult has not been completed by the specialist. Thet consult will be marked as cancelled, and no further action is required.
- Redirect Consult - Only possible if the consult has been returned by the Specialist or is still "Awaiting Response" from the specialist. Redirecting a consult cancels the existing consult, and creates an identical copy of the eConsult, including the same Subject, Note, and attachments, that you can address to a new Specialist.
- Provide More Info - Only possible if a Specialist has returned an eConsult with a "Request More Info" tag attached.
- Request for Clarification - Only possible after a Specialist has completed an eConsult. This allows you to request clarification, if required, after reading the Specialist's consult note.
- Complete Consult - Only possible after a Specialist has sent you a completed eConsult response. If you have no further questions, selecting "Complete Consult" will mark the consult as completed and prompt you to complete a short questionnaire about the eConsult service.
Re-Directing an eConsult
If a Specialist has not completed your eConsult request, at any point, you can choose to Re-Direct it to another Specialist. To do so, you need to click the "Re-Direct" link at the bottom of the eConsult.
Cancelling an eConsult
An outstanding eConsult can also be cancelled by clicking the "Cancel Consult" link at the bottom of the eConsult.
Sorting & Filtering
All eConsults in a sub-folder can be sorted and filtered by clicking on the "Sort" or "Filter" buttons at the top of the List view.