Documents can be added directly to a patient master record or added to a public document section for easy access by any provider in the clinic.
Public and Private Documents
Selecting “eDoc” from the navigation tab will take you to the eDocuments page. Here you’ll be able to add private and public documents to Avaros that are NOT attached to a patient's chart (i.e Handouts, Policies, etc).
Private Documents: Documents that will only be visible to the provider that uploaded them
Public Documents: Documents that will be available to all providers
- Select “Add Document” to open the document upload options.
- Select “Public” if the uploaded document will be visible to all providers
- Select “Choose File” to select the document to upload
- Once the file has been given a title and the dropdowns selected for the file type, select “Add” to upload your document
The newly uploaded document will appear in the list of documents below shown.
Please note: Click on the name of any e-document listed to open it.
Adding Patient Documents
Documents can be added to a patient’s chart in two ways:
- Adding via Master Record
Under the “Resources” heading in the patient's Master Record, selecting “Documents” will show a list of the patient’s available documents, while selecting “Add Document” will open the “Documents” page.
- Adding via Encounter (eChart) page
Select the “+” icon under the “Documents” section on the left side of the encounter page:
This will open the Documents page where you can add documents, view existing documents, and view document properties.