In the case that a document has been attached to the incorrect patient, please follow the steps listed below in order to re-attach the document:
- Open the eChart of the patient who has had the document incorrectly attached.
- Select the document that was attached incorrectly.
- Download a copy of the document to a local drive on your computer (e.g. “Desktop” or “Documents”)
- Delete the document from the incorrect patient’s eChart by clicking on the Document tile in the patient's eChart, and then clicking the Trash icon beside the document you would like to delete. (If you don't see the trash icon, you may not have the appropriate permissions to delete documents - contact support for more information).
- Open the correct patient’s eChart and click on the “+” under the “Documents” module of the eChart.
- Upload the document from the local drive to the patient’s eChart, providing a title for the document being attached.
For more information about attaching documents, please refer to the "Adding Documents" article here.