Find out how to setup up private billing codes and forms for 3rd party billing in Avaros.
1. Adding Private Billing Codes to Your Clinic
In your ‘Administration’ panel → Go to 'Billing' → Click on ‘Manage Private Billing Code’. Here, you can create a new code by entering a new code name, clicking 'Search' to make sure it is an original name, completing the associated information then selecting 'Save' when finished.
💡 When creating a new private billing code, after typing in the code name you MUST click 'Search' to see if the name is already in use. If the code does not exist, you will be informed that it’s a NEW code and then you will have the option to fill in the code details and save it.💡
2. Creating a Private Billing Form
Once you have created your private billing codes, they should be added to a private billing form which allows you to group billing codes together for a quicker selection when creating a 3rd party invoice.
To create a new billing form, go to the ‘Billing’ section under the ‘Administration’ → click on ‘Manage Billing Form’ → select 'Add/Edit/Delete Form' from the drop-down menu → then select 'Manage'.
The setup for a new billing form will be presented on the left, and existing billing forms will be displayed on the right in a table.
To create a new billing form enter:
- Service Type ID - This is a short code name associated with the billing form. It can include numbers and letters, and be within 3-10 characters long. They do not hold too much importance on the user end, so choose something quick and easy.
- Service Type Name - This is the display name of your billing form. For private billing forms, users usually chose something along the lines of 'Private' or 'Private Biling'.
- Group Names - Categories for your private billing codes to be displayed under.
- Default Billing Type - Choose '3rd Party' for your private billing form.
- Default SLI Code - Choose N/A as the default.
- Default Visit Type - You can choose the default type of visit for the private codes you will be billing for in this form. Although this will be set as a default, it can always be adjusted when creating an invoice.
Click 'Add Form' when finished.
3. Adding Billing Codes to a Billing Form
In 'Administration', select 'Billing' → select ‘Manage Billing Form’ → select 'Service Code' and choose the billing form you would like to add codes to from the drop-down list → Select 'Manage' when finished.
You can search for your private billing codes by name in the 'Add new code' search bar above each column. Click and drag the billing codes to adjust their order within each column.
When finished adding your billing codes, select 'Update'. the billing codes will now be available to choose from when you select the billing form when creating an invoice.
Did we miss something? Not to worry! Just email our support team at email@example.com✌️