You can find all documents linked to you as a provider in your inbox. You can access your inbox at the top of your dashboard.
When you open your inbox you will be led to the 'inbox view' which displays your new inbox items, sorted for you with the most recent items appearing first.
Filtering and Sorting Inbox Items
You can change the way inbox items are displayed by:
1. Using the filters available at the top of the display
Simply select the filter, input the criteria you would like and select 'Apply'. Inbox items that meet your criteria will be displayed while those that don't will not be. Filters can be removed individually by selecting the 'X' beside the filter, or they can be removed all at once by selecting the 'Clear Filters' button to the right of the display.
2. Use the headings of each column to change the way the inbox items are sorted
Clicking on a column heading will sort items in ascending/descending order or group them by category. By default, when you open your inbox, the items will be sorted by date with the most recent items displayed first.
Perform Actions from the Inbox View
Click on the '...' associated with an inbox item to open up a menu of action items including:
- Accessing the patient's Master Record, eChart, Billing and Medications
- Acknowledging, Filing or Forwarding the item
- Attaching a tickler or message to the item
💡 You can also perform bulk actions by selecting the checkboxes of multiple items and then selecting 'Acknowledge', 'File' or 'Foward' at the bottom of the display.💡
In the bottom-left corner of the inbox view are the settings indicated by the gear icon.
In the settings you can edit:
1. Inbox Forwarding
Set inbox forwarding by filling out:
- The provider you would like to forward your inbox to
- The time period of the inbox forwarding
- The status of the forwarded items in your own inbox
Select 'Update' when finished. Your new forwarding rule will be displayed in 'Active Forwarding Rules' in settings, and a banner will display the rule at the top of your inbox when active.
2. Recall Settings
In Recall Settings you can set a recall template to use when handling inbox items. In these settings you can edit:
- The actions you would like to carry out in a recall by checking off its check box
- The recipient of the Message and Tickler actions
- The subject of the Message action
- The message associated with each action
When finished creating the template, select 'Update' and the template will be available to use in the document view.
Above the settings icon, in the bottom-left corner of the display, is where you can go to upload documents into Avaros.
When you click on uploads, you can drag and drop items in or select 'Browse Files' to search and select a document from your computer to upload into Avaros.
Your newly uploaded files will appear within the uploads list. You can select a document to open up the document preview. In the preview you can tag the document with:
- A Description
- A Type
- A Provider
- A Demographic
- Normal or Abnormal Status
Once finished, select 'Forward to EMR' which will add it to the tagged patient's eChart and forward to the linked provider's inbox.
To learn more about how to handle Inbox Items, click Here.
Handling Inbox Items
Did we miss something? Not to worry! Just email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org✌️